Since the laying of the foundation stone in 1921 with the merging of the engineering offices Gilgenberg & Röttger and Waffenschmidt & Gazon OHG into Wagiro Dissousgas GmbH, the IBG Group has had a eventful history that, despite some turmoil, has essentially been characterised by consistency.
The same partner families have controlled the destiny of the company since the 1920s and ensure a long-term and sustainable orientation. The business divisions “Welding Technology“ and “Construction Chemicals“ of today can also look back on a long tradition. The foundation stone for the entry into “Electrical Welding“ was already laid in 1934 with the founding of the Elektro-Schweiß-Industrie GmbH. The first involvement in the area of chemical products was made via the Poly-Kunststoff GmbH in 1960.
A consistent focusing on these business areas took place as the separation in 1971 from Industrial Gases – the dominant business area up to that point – became apparent. Since that time, the IBG Industrie-Beteiligungs-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft Gesellschaft (which was rebranded in 1972) has forged ahead at full power with the development of its subsidiaries Alexander Binzel Schweisstechnik GmbH & Co. KG (1971) and Kemper System GmbH & Co. KG (1986), as well as the Components Division, which was added in 1998. It is through this involvement that there are now over 70 sales and production companies, which belong to the IBG Group.
This company policy, due to its continuity, ensures a relationship of trust to customers, partners and employees, and continues to make an important contribution to taking a leading position. The comfortable market situation and the
knowledge of the secure backing from our partners make us optimistic that we will be able to successfully continue the course we have set for strategic operational positioning.